In 2022, more people than ever are turning to the top nutrition influencers to get recommendations and tips to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
This, in turn, makes nutrition influencers a powerful channel to get your brand in front of a relevant market that’s likely to turn into purchasing customers.
And guess what?
The best nutrition influencers don’t necessarily have an educational background in nutrition or health science.
Many are food lovers or health writers who have built a large and active following.
More brands are now taking advantage of partnerships with this growing niche of nutrition influencers as they’ve been proven to help brands increase sales.
And why is that?
According to Statista, the global influencer marketing market size grew from $9.7 billion in 2020 to $13.8 billion in 2021. The reason for this growth is its sheer effectiveness across all niches including nutrition, health, and wellness.
Image Source: Statista
Here’s an example of Quaker partnering with a nutrition influencer, Dawn Jackson Blatner, to promote their products.
Image Source: Instagram
So, who are the best nutrition influencers you should work with this year?
Let’s find out.
Top 10 Nutrition Influencers for Your Brand
Here are some of the top nutrition influencers your brand can consider partnering with to help achieve your social KPIs in 2022.
Megan Rossi is one of the best nutrition influencers who specializes in helping her audience maintain a healthy gut by consuming the right diet.
Her health and nutrition advice is detailed and science-based. She also shares the latest nutrition news and research on healthy foods.
Megan is a qualified dietician from the University of Queensland and also has a Ph.D. in synbiotic therapy in kidney disease.
She is based in London and has her own practice—The Gut Health Clinic.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theguthealthdoctor/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheGutHealthDoc
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theguthealthdoctor/?hl=en
- Website: https://www.theguthealthdoctor.com/
A lively and cheerful personality, Dawn is a registered dietitian and nutritionist who encourages her followers to practice body love, have fun eating nutritious foods, and maintain good overall health.
She advises her followers to eat plants and has helped professional athletes maintain the right diet.
For 10 years, she worked as the head dietitian for the Chicago Cubs and that’s one of the major reasons for her being one of the best nutrition influencers out there.
She studied Human Nutrition at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/djblatner
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/djblatner
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/djblatner/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/djblatner/
- Website: https://www.dawnjacksonblatner.com/
Maggie from Once Upon a Pumpkin is a registered dietician and a lover of all things pumpkin.
One of the top nutrition influencers on Instagram, she inspires millennial women to nourish and love their bodies every day and develop a positive relationship with food.
She advocates for the daily practice of small healthy habits to help improve mood and develop the best body health.
Her social media and blog aren’t limited only to women’s health. Maggie talks about fitness, body image, lifestyle, health, and wellness too.
She is based in Chicago and holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics from Michigan State University.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Maggie-Michalczyk-RDN-Once-Upon-a-Pumpkin-109227607923970
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/maggiemRDN
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/onceuponapumpkin/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.es/onceuponapumpkin/_created/
- Website: https://www.onceuponapumpkinrd.com/
Erin is knowledgeable on all things nutrition and diabetes. Her nutrition philosophy is “Progress through small simple changes and not perfection.”
One of the finest nutrition influencers, Erin teaches her audience to shift their focus from body weight and food deprivation to fitness and nutrition for improved health, body confidence, and mental wellness.
Most of her recipes are diabetes-friendly too!
She studied human nutrition, food, and exercise at Virginia Tech and became a registered dietitian at Saint Elizabeth University.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HealthyMomHappierFamily
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/erinpalinski
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/erinpalinskiwade/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ErinPalinski/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@tiktoknutritionist
- Website: https://erinpalinski.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/healthymomhappyfamily
Image Source: Instagram
For an influencer specializing in plant-based nutrition, Sarah Britton of My New Roots is a great choice.
She is one of the best nutrition influencers in holistic nutrition due to her expertise in the same field.
She encourages her followers to eat more plants by providing them with delicious plant-based recipes. In addition, she offers gardening and cooking classes.
Sarah is a certified nutritionist. She obtained a diploma in Applied Holistic Nutrition from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition in Canada.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MyNewRoots/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mynewroots/?hl=en
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/mynewroots/
- Website: https://www.mynewroots.org/
A holistic health coach and recipe developer, Mariah Mandile’s love for nutritious food stemmed from health problems caused by food sensitivities.
She is one of those nutrition influencers who believe in clean living and maintaining a healthy gut through a healthy diet that also makes you feel good.
This includes meals made from whole foods and desserts and treats that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and low in sugar.
Mariah is a holistic health coach trained at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She is based in Connecticut.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/freshwaterpeaches/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/freshwaterpeaches/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/freshwaterpeach/
- Website: https://freshwaterpeaches.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVgq9ma4li-oluKNkDjvwNw
Founder of Nutritious Life Studio, an online nutrition training platform, Keri Glassman is a health and wellness thought-leader.
She uses a whole-person approach for better mental health and physical health.
One of the best nutrition influencers, Keri believes in 8 pillars that work together to create a healthier person.
- Eating a nutrient-dense diet
- Stress management
- Quality sleep
- Living consciously
- Adequate hydration
- Happy and fulfilled relationships
She is based in the New York City and has a Master’s Degree in Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition Services from New York University.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KeriGlassmanNutritiousLife
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/nutritiouslife_
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nutritiouslifeofficial/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/nutritious_life/
- Website: https://nutritiouslife.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NLKeri
8. Rachel Paul
Rachel Paul is a registered dietician who uses social media to provide healthy recipes and inspiration for meal prepping.
Her delicious recipes are aimed at enabling busy people to achieve permanent weight loss without falling into disordered eating.
She is also among the best nutrition influencers and helps her followers feel more in control when it comes to food.
Rachel is a registered dietician from Case Western Reserve University and has a Ph.D. in Behavioral Nutrition from Columbia University.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrRachelPaul
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/collegenutritionist/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CollegeNTRN/
- TikTok: https://email@example.com?lang=en
- Website: https://www.collegenutritionist.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYXfmQbWcJkIOYzYBHv3CjQ
Kelly of Be Well by Kelly is a holistic nutritionist and health and wellness expert.
She offers nutrition tips for both children and adults to help stabilize their blood sugar levels, reduce cravings, and increase energy.
She is also one of those nutrition influencers who offer lifestyle and wellness tips for a more balanced life.
Kelly did her post-graduate studies in Clinical Nutrition at the University of California and got certified as a health coach at The Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
She is based in Los Angeles.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bewellbykelly/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bewellbykelly/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/BeWellbyKelly/
- Website: https://kellyleveque.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPjFtjo841kVXoG9m-ONMxw
10. Alex Torres
Male nutrition influencers are hard to come by.
But Alex Torres of Meal Prep Monday inspires busy people to lead a healthier lifestyle by motivating them to prepare nutritious lunches ahead of time, ideally on Mondays.
He shares easy healthy cooking recipes that his followers can replicate.
Alex is passionate about healthy living. He is a husband and father of four.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mealprepmondays1/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mealprepmondays
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mealprepmondays/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/mealprepmondays/
- Website: https://www.mealprepmondays.com/
1. What is a nutrition influencer?
A nutrition influencer is a health and wellness enthusiast with an authoritative presence on social media and blogs.
2. What is the function of an influencer?
An influencer impacts the buying decisions of their followers. They partner with brands to create content through which they can advertise their products or services.
3. How do I choose a nutrition influencer for my brand?
Use these criteria to choose the best nutrition influencers for your brand:
- Is their audience relevant to your brand?
- How well do their followers respond to their content?
- Is the influencer authentic?
- Does the influencer share your values?
- Does the quality of their content match your brand image?
4. What makes the best nutrition influencers?
The best nutrition influencers have the following qualities:
- Good communication
5. Who are the best nutrition influencers?
The best nutrition influencers are:
- Dr. Megan Rossi
- Dawn Jackson Blatner
- Maggie Michalczyk
- Erin Palinski
- Sarah Britton
- Mariah Mandile
- Keri Glassman
- Rachel Paul
- Kelly LeVeque
- Alex Torres
Work with the Best Nutrition Influencers
These are some of the top nutrition influencers on social media who advocate healthy eating and help their audience battle eating disorders.
When picking the best nutrition influencers for your brand’s partnerships, ensure that they will have a legitimate connection with your products by first fully understanding the influencer’s personal brand.
For instance, a diabetes expert endorsing a low sugar product will absolutely build more trust with consumers because the product matches the overall theme of the influencer’s content.
Overwhelmed with your choices? Reach out to us and we’ll help you choose the right influencers for your brand.